Product Structure – Bill of Materials
The Bill of Material, along with Shop Routings, and the Item Master encompass the Product Data Base. Xdata integrates these modules with Captured Order Bills and Routings to formulate a feature rich and accountable manufacturing environment…and you will love our COPY Features.
Not all Bill of Material Processors Function the Same!
The features seem subtle.. allowing negative quantities, multiple occurrences, mated sequence numbers, and start / stop effective dating, Captured Bills and Routings, Prototype isolation…but the dynamics add up quickly.
You need these Features, and Xdata has them. Ask our competition. Better yet, ask our customers.
Negative quantities / Automatic Restocking: Allowing a negative quantity component in a Product Structure facilitates restocking of a disassembly; many times putting something together requires “removing” a component of a subassembly. Xdata automatically accounts for restocking, and costs the assembly accordingly.
Negative quantities / Byproducts: Negative quantities facilitate byproducts, or the creation of an Item as the result of cutting raw material so that the “scrap” cut off results in another usable Item. Xdata automatically adds the byproduct’s quantity to inventory, and costs the assembly accordingly.
Multiple occurrences / Effect dates: By allowing a component to occur multiple times within a single level of a Bill, engineering changes such as “quantity per” may be associated with a given date. Effective dating is further used to start or eliminate a component from consideration.
Mated sequence numbers: This feature allows the Bill of Material to be orchestrated with the Routing sequence numbers; A Bill of Material is interleaved into the routing steps to instruct the shop as to when to consume the components.
Engineering Prototypes: The ability to isolate an engineering development or prototype Bill of Material is paramount. Xdata allows complete isolation until the point Engineering wants to release the Bill as a standard. The isolation provides development in private, but not a vacuum, as the Bills may be tested by Costing or Production.. with no affect on the live system. Prototypes are conveniently copied to production for all to use when released.
Captured Bills and Routings: When a manufacturing order is released to production, a copy of the bill of Material and the Shop Routing (process) must be made in order to allow modifications for the specific Manufacturing Order. Without a copy, you are changing the standards, which is a big NO-NO. Xdata provides the captures Bill and Routing, and allows changes to components, including adding or deleting, along with quantity changes. Similarly, Routing steps/directions and departments may be modified, added or deleted for the job.
Bill of Material Features
- Searches/List boxes/Drills
- Captured modifiable B/M for Manufacturing
- 99 level product structure
- Multiple occurrences same Item (same level)
- Negative Quantities allowed
- Fractional Quantities allowed
- By-products/Drop-Offs allowable with complete accountability
- Floor Stock selectable at component level
- Component sequencing control
- Component level link to Routing Step (attaching operation)
- Item effectivity dating/change control
- Component level scrap factor
- Ease of Maintenance
- Copy Bill of Material
- Same-as-Except, component where-used substitutions, dynamic replace/delete
- Dynamic delete of Master Bills of Material
- Configurator Bill Maintenance
- Engineering Environment separate from Production
- Supports Phantoms, Non-stock subassemblies/Blow-thru’s, Manufacturing Issues and backflush of Items
- Fully integrated with ERP and Supply Chain Management